VTEC. Turbo. AWE. Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the Honda FK8 Civic Type R.
- Integrated frontpipe included in all editions
- Proudly designed, engineered, and manufactured at AWE in the USA
- Max gains of 5 hp and 9 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels
- Touring Editions feature patented drone-canceling 180 Technology®, tuned specifically for the K20
- Handcrafted from 3” CNC mandrel-bent, U.S.-sourced .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- Touring Edition available with optional DualPhase mid pipe engineered for additional sound tuning with aftermarket DPs
- Bespoke stamped stainless steel trident tip merge
- Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
- Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
- Triple or dual 4.5" double-walled slash-cut tips available in diamond black or chrome silver
- Perfect fitment guaranteed
- AWE No CEL guarantee
- Lifetime warranty (one year on tip finishes)
Touring Edition Exhaust
At the intersection of sophistication and aggression lies the Touring Edition Exhaust. A full 3” T304L stainless steel downpipe-back configuration, the Touring Edition Exhaust is the perfect dose of steel for drivers looking for straight-pipe performance, a deep, sophisticated exhaust note, and zero drone at highway speeds.
Featuring an integrated frontpipe, bespoke midpipe resonator, and AWE’s patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®, the Touring Edition delivers a full-bodied, rasp-free K20 soundtrack unachieved by any of its peers. Under boost and heavy throttle, the Touring Edition screams. At highway speeds, drone-free within the cabin -- the best of both worlds. Perfectly engineered and packaged for the FK8 Civic Type R, all backed by AWE No CEL and Perfect Fitment Guarantees.
Sound Perfection: AWE 180 Technology
Perfect tone, straight through design, no drone. Compliments of AWE 180 Technology.
As exhaust gases exit the K20 engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. All of this with a straight-through design -- in other words, all the power, none of the drone. More on AWE 180 Technology in the tab above.
DualPhase Mid Pipe
- Engineered for use with aftermarket downpipes, or an OEM+ sound level if paired with the factory downpipe
- Available separately as a conversion kit for existing Touring Edition Exhausts, and as the Touring Edition with DualPhase Mid Pipe
- Further refines the K20 soundtrack both in and out of the cabin with aftermarket downpipes equipped
- Pure bolt-on, no-cutting required
- Perfect Fitment Guaranteed
- AWE No CEL Guarantee
- Lifetime warranty
The DualPhase mid pipe deploys additional helmholtz properties further upstream, working in tandem with the 180 Technology®-equipped rear section of the standard Touring Edition Exhaust, to keep harsh, drone-prone frequencies in check when paired to an aftermarket downpipe. Don’t have an aftermarket downpipe? You can still equip the DualPhase mid pipe to the factory downpipe for an OEM+ experience.
Track Edition Exhaust
For those who like it raw and rowdy, the Track Edition is for you. The Track Edition shares the same integrated frontpipe, bespoke midpipe resonator, and precision engineering as its Touring Edition counterpart, minus AWE’s patented drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®.
In place of the 180 Technology® resonator in the rear lies a Track Edition straight section. As a result, this version is known to get (really) rowdy in mid-range acceleration and deceleration, and may be too much for many. You’ve been warned.
We made it easy to switch between Track and Touring Editions, equip DualPhase to an existing Touring Edition, as well as swap between dual and triple tip configurations all via conversion kits. You're never stuck if you decide at a later date to change your volume or the aesthetic.
Important fitment notes
The Touring and Track Edition Exhausts include a full 3” frontpipe. This frontpipe is integrated into the design of the exhausts. AWE exhausts are not designed to mate with other aftermarket frontpipes. Downpipes, on the other hand, should work just fine (so long as they work with the factory-style flange).
The Touring and Track Edition Exhausts feature a modular tip design that allows drivers the choice of running double or triple 4.5” slash-cut tips via our bespoke stamped tip merges. With such interchangeability, a dual-tip configuration can be converted into a tri-tip configuration (and vice-versa) within minutes via an AWE Tip Conversion Kit.
Each exhaust comes complete with 4.5” double-walled, slash-cut tips available in chrome silver or diamond black, and feature a stamped AWE logo. All tips are individually adjustable, allowing depth into the bumper to be set according to personal taste.
What’s in the box?
Complete Touring or Track Edition Exhaust, two or three 4.5” double-walled tips in desired finish, and all necessary hardware for installation.